Maintaining much of its original character and detail, this Revival Tudor home was brought up to speed by its current owner. With marble surfaces in the new kitchen and bathrooms that sit on top of new inset cabinets by Seattle Custom Cabinets, and the fanciest of stainless appliances, this home is ready to greet its upcoming 100th birthday in style.
Its authentic 1920’s charm is present in the original carved staircase and leaded windows. These classic details coexists with new modern bling, like the Johnathan Adler light fixtures, RH bath fixtures, Top Knob door knobs, and a California Faucets kitchen faucet.
This Revival Tudor is a part of the original plat for the H. S. Turner Park Addition of 1907 by Seattle real-estate investor H. S. Turner. Turner was President of the Seattle Real Estate Association and wrote an article for the Pacific Northwest Commerce in 1910 titled “Local Realty a Sure Investment”. It turned out that 1910 would be the start of the building boom for Montlake; much of Montlake’s housing stock was built between 1910 to 1940.
Before early real estate promoters chose the name Montlake for the neighborhood the area was dubbed an “Urban Eden” for several villages for the Duwamish people. The strategic geographic location for Montlake during the time of its first settlers, to today, has always made it a place of passage. In today’s language, that means Montlake is a dream local for commuters.
Radical development came for the neighborhood in 1916 when the Montlake Cut opened, although North-South travel was blocked until the completion of the Montlake Bridge in 1925, a year before this home was constructed.
The Montlake neighborhood is deeply connected to its waterfront and is associated with multiple boating events which include Opening Day ceremonies for the boating season and the annual Windermere Cup.